Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A new Beginning?

There's alot of updates I need to do. There's the sleepover at my house involving Jon, Brian, Pearly and Darren, after that swimming outing. There's the outing with Taemi today, with Jon, Brian, Pearly, Darren, Tofu and Samantha. But, there's no them for those updates for today. Its 2.34am in the morn and I'll need to sleep to prepare to get back my exam results. Instead, I'll just highlight something that happened a few minutes ago.

After a very long talk with Darren, we have decided to take a step back into the realm of friendship and to leave the realm of relationships. Whether its permenant or temporary, we don't know. After a VERY long talk, we have come to realised that the days when we were friends was more fulfilling, more productive and more meaningful than the days we had when we were a couple. Added to that the problems of recent times (such as his inability to study with me for Mid Years, and his slight attention-seeking tendencies), we have decided to take a step back. Breaking Up sounds too much like those cliche romance movies/novels/whatnots. Its not a break up. We didn't have a fight. We didn't scream at each other. We didn't get hysterical. We just talked it out, and although it wasn't an easy decision, we decided it was for the best for now, at the crucial point of our lives.

Thus, we are no longer Pam and Darren, the couple. We're just friends, members of the XO team, and good friends. I somehow feel as though the weight of a burden of the whole relationship is lifted off my shoulders at the moment. I'm unsure if this feeling will last to tomorrow when I'm more awake and aware of the consequence and when I face him. But for now, I'll just go to bed and grab what little sleep I have left for school tomorrow. Its gonna be a long day.

1:30pm, 9th October 2006 --- 2:20am, 3rd July 2007. The period of experimental stumbling and general awkwardness of two fledglings foraging into the unknown skies of the world of relationships.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the whole relationship thing is put on a stand-by for an undefined period of time. I wish you luck with whatever action you choose to take. Stay strong and good luck with those results
Just another person

2:45 AM  
Blogger Ada said...

Well, you were very civilised about it. Kudos.

At least you and Joshua are still friends, no?

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home